Knowing how to handle all these issues, and many more, is critical to learning how to effectively manage an online classroom while staying sane!
5 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Becoming an Online Teacher
1. Can you set – and maintain – boundaries?
If setting boundaries is difficult for you, you may find online teaching challenging. Setting boundaries is critical when managing students in the online classroom as well as controlling your own home work environment.
2. Do you work well within strict guidelines?
3. Are you great at self-management?
4. Can you be reliably available?
5. Do you take student success or failure personally?
No matter how much you try to help, some of your online students simply won’t succeed – but happily, many will.
About Guest Author Gail Overstreet