Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Care
Youngstown State University
The online BS in Respiratory Care degree program is specifically designed for credentialed respiratory care practitioners and graduates of accredited respiratory care programs with licenses in their state. Coursework provides students with the knowledge and skills required to pursue clinical and leadership positions in the respiratory care profession, focusing on areas such as:
- Advanced cardiopulmonary disease management
- Advanced clinical applications
- Clinical research and leadership
- Technology related to the practice of respiratory care
Degree Level: Bachelor Completion
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
This bachelor completion program requires 120 total credits, including transfer and major requirements.
- Online Curriculum: 48 credits
- Official transcripts
- Associate's degree in Respiratory Care from an institution accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care
- Must be a certified or registered therapist with a current U.S. RRT (Registered Respiratory Therapist) license to practice in applicant's home state
- Must have obtained NBRC (National Board for Respiratory Care) professional CRT (Certified Respiratory Therapist) or RRT credential
Youngstown State University offers online programs in web-based, hybrid, and video conferencing formats. Studies range from health care and nursing to engineering and criminal justice.
Curriculum is based on the:
- Best Practices for Online Education
- National Education Technology Standards
- Quality Matters Rubric
Distance education at Youngstown affords adult students the necessary flexibility and also allows them to share professional and life experiences with each other, enhancing the distance learning classroom.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.