The online MA in Education / Curriculum & Instruction degree program from York College is designed for individuals who currently serve, or expect to serve as a K-12 principal, teacher, project manager, or training and development professional. Students gain the knowledge and skills needed to:
- Apply ethical principles to appropriate subject matter in professional settings
- Evaluate multiple approaches in organizational programs, policy, practice, and planning in a professional context
- Differentiate appropriate ways to effectively interact and communicate in a professional context
- Apply best practices in their teaching curriculum in a K12 educational setting regarding effective learning strategies and assessment
- Use best practices to design, collect, and evaluate an action research project, set within the context of their educational setting
- Analyze and design curriculum aligned to student learning outcomes within the context of their educational setting
- Bachelor's degree in any discipline from an accredited institution. Prospective students who have completed a degree from a non-accredited institution will be evaluated and considered on a case-by-case basis.
- 2.5 GPA. If GPA is below a 2.5, applicants may submit a personal statement reflecting their personal goals and aspirations to be considered with their application.
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission