The School of Education offers the Master of Education degree in Interscholastic Athletic Administration (IAA). This degree program has been fully approved for AA licensure by the Mississippi Department of Education and approved by the Mississippi State Board of Education. The IAA degree program, coordinated by the Department of Health Physical Education, and Recreation, is a two-summer cohort program delivered in an executive format. A new cohort begins each summer term. In addition to the summer coursework, requirements include an applied fieldwork project and an online course.
NOTE: This program encompasses graduate hours of PED coursework, which qualifies students as instructors at the higher education level.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Official transcripts of all college work completed to date
- Overall minimum GPA of 2.5 (4.0 scale) or higher
- Two recommendation letters
- Hold or qualify to hold a Class A teacher’s license
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges