William Carey University offers an online Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership degree. The program allows professionals to become more effective leaders, utilizing strategies and planning visions. The rigorous classes help provide insight into the field and help each individual develop their own leadership style. The program is fully online with coursework which will lead students through visionary planning, strategic utilization of resources, effective management and leadership, and practical application of research.
Students enrolling in the EdD degree must complete 63 credit hours of study above a master's degree. This online program offers 33 credit hours. Students may inquire about application to the online EdS degree in order to gain necessary credits to fully complete the EdD program.
- A specialist degree in a related field from an institution fully accredited by a recognized accrediting agency
- A master’s degree from an institution fully accredited by a recognized accrediting agency
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Official transcripts of all college work completed to date
- Overall minimum GPA of 3.25 in a related master's program
- Have completed 30 hours of graduate work
- Hold a valid teaching license or waiver of licensure form
- GRE test scores
- Two reference forms
- Scholarly essay
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges