The Master of Science in Nursing program from Wheeling University serves as a convenient online pathway to professional leadership and advanced practice nursing roles. The Family Nurse Practitioner track prepares students to provide primary care in advanced practitioner positions through a combination of nursing, science, and family practice concepts. Graduates are eligible to sit for national certification.
This online nurse practitioner degree focuses on the skills necessary to change processes and enhance the quality of healthcare for patients and the overall health system. Students study advanced concepts in pathophysiology, health assessment, and pharmacology. Courses and clinical experiences cover a wide range of patient needs, including infant, child, adolescent, adult, reproductive health, and aging adult.
Graduates will be prepared to:
- Utilize advanced technologies in healthcare
- Contribute to the development of nursing knowledge
- Deliver safe, quality, and cost-effective care for patients, families, populations, and communities
- Participate as a member of interprofessional teams
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Criminal Background Check, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Requires a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from an accredited nursing program, including undergraduate courses in statistics and research
- Must have current, unencumbered licensure as a Registered Nurse