Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
Western Oregon University
The online MA in Criminal Justice degree program from Western Oregon University is designed for individuals currently working in the field of criminal justice and provides students with an academic foundation for managerial and other advanced professional roles in the field. Graduates of the program are able to:
- Analyze the organizational structures and management challenges that define the field of criminal justice
- Use methods of social science research to investigate problems and questions in the field of criminal justice
- Apply theory-to-practice within the criminal justice environment
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
- Bachelor's degree in criminal justice or social science.
- Sealed official transcripts from all institutions of higher education where coursework was completed.
- GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 semester hours of coursework is required.
- Applicants with less than a 3.0 GPA must submit (a) MAT score of 395 or higher; (b) GRE: minimum quantitative score: 147 and minimum verbal score: 148 and a 3.5 or higher on the Analytical Writing section.
- Writing sample explaning why you are seeking a graduate degree and how it meets your professional or academic goals.
Western Oregon University is unable to accept new distance students residing in the states of Arkansas, Maryland, or Minnesota at this time. Distance students in some states may face other restrictions regarding program admission and activity.
Western Oregon University (WOU), a leading comprehensive public liberal arts institution, is committed to changing lives, strengthening communities and transforming our world. WOU first opened in 1856, as a normal school, and is the oldest college within the Oregon University System. Today, WOU is a public, four-year liberal arts college, and is located in the Monmouth-Independence area, the heart of Oregon’s lush Willamette Valley. WOU is about 20 minutes from Salem, the state’s capital and about 75 minutes from Portland, the state’s cultural hub.
The school offers associate’s, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, in addition to postgraduate certificates. Online and hybrid degree programs provide two distinct distance educational options for students enrolling in degree programs at Western Oregon University. Distance education degree programs at WOU include studies in liberal arts and education programs, and for the most part, are concentrated in master’s degree and postgraduate certificate programs.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.