Western Michigan University offers a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in University Studies, allowing students who are transferring to Western Michigan University to easily finish their undergraduate studies. This liberal arts degree allows you to use your previously earned credits to accelerate your degree completion, so your past work remains beneficial. With this flexible program students are able to design their own curriculum, working closely with an academic advisor to integrate prior coursework from virtually any major into one new degree in the liberal arts. You can branch out to a maximum of three areas of study, known as “emphasis areas,” to complement previous coursework while also matching courses to your interests and goals.
Students most likely to complete this liberal arts degree are those who:
- Are close to graduation, but no longer find themselves suited to their current major
- Would like to transfer from a community college and obtain a general bachelor's degree
- Need to combine credits earned from multiple colleges or universities
- Need to complete their bachelor’s degree to take the next step in their career
- Wish to continue their education and complete a master’s degree or Ph.D. in the future
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Western Michigan University is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationSome College
Official College Transcript(s)
- Bachelor completion requires a total of 122 credits, including transfer credits.
- Requires primarily 56 transfer credits for admission.