Prepare for a new role in nursing education with the online Master of Science in Nursing with a concentration in Nurse Educator. This MSN degree track from Western Michigan University prepares nurses to teach in both academic and clinical environments.
Graduates of this online Nurse Educator program are able to incorporate findings from nursing biopsychosocial fields, genetics, public health, quality improvement, and organizational sciences to help improve nursing practices across a variety of settings. Students learn leadership skills that emphasize ethical and critical decision-making and effective working relationships. In addition to online coursework, students have the opportunity to apply their skills and knowledge in a teaching practicum experience.
Students in the MSN / Nurse Educator program can expect to study topics such as:
- Curriculum and teaching of theory in health disciplines
- Clinical teaching and evaluation
- Scholarship of teaching in a clinical discipline
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Must have a BSN or bachelor's degree with a major in nursing from an accredited program in nursing
- Requires a current unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse in a US state or territory