Master of Science in Nursing / Nurse Leadership
Western Carolina University
The online MSN / Nurse Leadership degree program from Western Carolina University adheres to a very specific and intentional curricula to provide students with the training needed to enter the workforce or continue to further graduate studies and certifications. The Nurse Leadership concentration curriculum prepares nurses in an advanced practice role with competencies in health systems management, nursing leadership, and financial management, while exploring areas such as:
- Nursing Administration
- Nursing Informatics
- Ethics in Nursing Leadership
- Management of Human Resources in Nursing
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- BSN from a regionally accredited college or university and nationally accredited nursing program.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework.
- Statistics course. Research course.
- RN's eligible for licensure to practice in the state in which the student intends to practice.
- One year of clinical experience as a RN within the last five years.
- Three professional references.
- Professional statement.
Western Carolina University, a co-educational public university located on a rural campus in Cullowhee, NC, is a branch campus of the University of North Carolina System. WCU was established in 1889, and is the fifth oldest school of the sixteen four-year universities in the UNC system. WCU was established to educate those living in the Western North Carolina mountains. Today, WCU serves the entire state of North Carolina, as well as the nation, and has grown into a major cultural, scientific and educational force in the state and region.
WCU awards bachelor's, master's, and doctorate degrees through the following colleges and schools:
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Business
- College of Education and Allied Professions
- College of Fine and Performing Arts
- College of Health and Human Sciences
- Kimmel School of Construction Management and Technology
WCU offers distance and online education programs to students seeking an alternative to on-campus classes. Distance education students are part of a vibrant online learning community, and convenient class schedules make it easy for students to exchange ideas, share information, keep track of discussions, check assignments and submit their work online. Program offerings include undergraduate online degree completion programs, graduate online degree programs, online certificates and courses, alternative teacher licensure and add-on licensure, and off-site and hybrid degree programs.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.