Western Carolina University offers an online Master of Arts in Education with a specialization in Middle Grades Education. The curriculum was designed for teachers who understand educational psychology, research, curriculum development, and want to deepen their knowledge of these areas relating to middle grades students. Students are typically those who already hold a teaching license.
- Baccalaureate or higher-level degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- A letter of intent describing reasons for pursuing a masters' degree in education, professional goals as a participant in the program, and possible research interests
- Three recommendations from former instructors or employers who can judge the applicant's aptitude for graduate study
- Applicants must hold a North Carolina Class A teaching license, or a comparable license from another state
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges