Finish your master’s expeditiously if you already hold a bachelor's in social work, with this online Advanced Standing MSW. As an experienced professional, you’ll apply your professional experience to the CSWE-accredited curriculum. This online MSW is intended to fulfill the need for social workers to serve in rural communities, with particular focus on the Appalachian region. Coursework generally involves:
- Contemporary Issues in Aging
- Child Mental Health: Promotion, Prevention, and Treatment
- Clinical Practice in Integrated Healthcare
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
School Accreditation & Licensing
West Virginia University is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA2.75 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsGRE, Proof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Additional Materials May Be Requested, Essay/Writing Sample, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV
- Applicants must have a CSWE-accredited Bachelor of Social Work degree.
- GRE scores are waived for applicants with a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Advanced standing applicants will need to provide a case study.