The online MS in Sport Coaching degree program from West Virginia University is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to be an effective coach with youth and adolescent athletes. The curriculum integrates science, experiential learning, and the application of technology to develop a holistic approach to coaching, from training the whole athlete in the physical, mental, and technical aspects of sport performance, to developing life skills and inter-personal assets off the field, while protecting the coach and maintaining personal well-being, in- and out-of-season.
- Have an earned baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- Have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75 (4-point scale)
- Submit professional goal statement: 1-2 written pages on professional goals and reasons for seeking admission
- Provide current resume highlighting professional background and qualification
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission