West Virginia University offers an online Master of Science in Physical Education Teacher Education degree. Students learn to balance work and education through this online, convenient program. Students will not earn licensure after this program is over, but may seek licensure to further their career.
Students come to campus for one week over two consecutive summers to complete a site-based residency.
- Have an earned baccalaureate degree with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale
- Have a teaching license
- Have access to youth (children and adolescents) in school-based physical education or community physical activity/sports settings throughout the duration of the program for course assignments and follow-up application tasks
- Provide current resume highlighting professional background and qualifications
- Submit professional goal statement: 1-2 written pages on professional goals and reasons for seeking admission
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended
School Accreditation Statement
Higher Learning Commission