The online Master of Laws in U.S. Law degree program from Washington University in St Louis is designed for international lawyers seeking a fundamental understanding of the U.S. legal system. Students develop the skills to research, write, and communicate like a U.S. lawyer and earn a degree from a top U.S. law school without having to relocate or leave their current job. The curriculum covers areas such as:
- Reading, briefing, and communicating U.S. case law
- Understanding U.S. common law tradition
- Leading contract negotiations with U.S.-based clients
- Using legal research databases such as LexisNexis and Westlaw
Graduates are eligible to sit for the bar examination in California and Washington state.
% OnlineMostly Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Washington University in St Louis is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Interview, Official College Transcript(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Applicants must have an LL.B. or J.D. degree.
- Each spring and fall, students in the program can attend an optional weekend learning experience in St. Louis, Missouri.