The online Master of Laws in U.S. Law degree program from Washington University in St Louis is designed for international lawyers seeking a fundamental understanding of the U.S. legal system. Students develop the skills to research, write, and communicate like a U.S. lawyer and earn a degree from a top U.S. law school without having to relocate or leave their current job. The curriculum covers areas such as:
- Reading, briefing, and communicating U.S. case law
- Understanding U.S. common law tradition
- Leading contract negotiations with U.S.-based clients
- Using legal research databases such as LexisNexis and Westlaw
Graduates are eligible to sit for the bar examination in California and Washington state.
- Must have an LL.B. or JD degree and an academic record reflecting an ability to perform graduate work
- Official transcripts from each college, university, and law school previously attended
- Statement of purpose
- Resume or CV
- Official transcripts
Each spring and fall, students in the program can attend an optional weekend learning experience in St. Louis, Missouri.
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission