Education professionals who want to encourage and mentor adult learners can pursue a Post-Master’s Certificate in Higher Education and Adult Learning from Walden University. Participants with an existing masters in Higher Education or Adult Education can learn about the complex and unique needs of the adult learner versus younger students.
Courses explore adult learning theories, ways to engage and motivate adults, and best practices for program planning and assessment. Graduates will be well equipped to lead successful adult learning programs within higher education institutions, corporations, and other workforce settings. Credits earned from this certificate program can be applied toward Walden’s Doctor of Education program.
Class topics within this program include:
- Contemporary issues and trends in higher education and adult learning
- Understanding the adult learner
- Leadership of higher education programs for adult learners
- Program planning and assessment
- An official transcript of a master’s degree
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in post-bachelor’s degree coursework
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission