The Post-Master Certificate in Nursing Informatics from Walden University combines studies of nursing science with computer and information science. Graduates will be able to use information technology to innovatively enhance patient care.
Courses explore how to manage and communicate data, information, and knowledge in nursing practice. Graduates will be skilled in nursing informatics, information management, and effective project management. An optional practicum allows for practice in the student’s field of specialty.
Classes discuss topics such as:
- Informatics in nursing and healthcare
- Information and knowledge management
- Supporting workflow in healthcare systems
- Evaluation methods for health information technology
- Must be a registered nurse (RN) and have a master’s degree
- Official transcripts
- Resume showing work history
- Employment history and educational history
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission