Provide leadership and mentoring to the next generation of nursing professionals with a Post-Master Certificate in Nursing Education from Walden University. Nurses who already hold a master’s degree can use this program to gain skills in designing, implementing, and evaluating educational programs for nursing students.
The curriculum includes considerations of the diverse needs of students in different learning environments. Program participants will learn how to incorporate technology tools into their teaching strategy. Courses examine the complexities and challenges of the educator in roles such as nurse educator, staff developer, patient educator, and academic educator.
Course topics include the following:
- Skills for nurse educators in academic and healthcare environments
- Curriculum development, assessment, and evaluation
- Integrating technology into nursing education
- Role of the nurse educator
- Must be a registered nurse (RN) and have a master’s degree
- Official transcripts
- Resume showing work history
- Employment history and educational history
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission