Gain advanced public leadership skills with a PhD in Public Policy and Administration from Walden University. The program equips graduates with multidisciplinary, multicultural perspectives and strong problem-solving expertise to make lasting positive contributions to the field.
This online Public Administration degree is designed for individuals interested in solving problems in sectors such as government, nonprofits, and other policy organizations. Students will examine effective leadership concepts and theories, analyze ways to promote participation in public and nonprofit policy processes, and develop solutions for problems related to public policy and administration. Courses explore how to use evidence-based research to incorporate diverse perspectives in local, state, national, and international public agencies.
Course topics included in this doctoral program include:
- Ethics and social justice
- Finance and budgeting for the public sector
- Leadership and organizational change
- Governance and public policy
- This program requires at least two on-campus residencies.
- Master's degree or higher
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Official transcripts
- Additional materials may be requested
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission