Walden University offers a PhD in Industrial and Organizational Psychology focusing on Evidence-Based Coaching. Graduates have the opportunity to sit for the Board Certified Coach Examination (BCCE) as part of the requirements to become a Board Certified Coach.
Students will receive advanced instruction in various skills, techniques, and strategies related to coaching. The curriculum prepares students to work as professional certified coaches in corporations, health and wellness centers, government agencies, educational institutions, and general business organizations. This Organizational Psychology degree online offers two tracks: Track I is designed for students with a master’s degree in I/O Psychology; Track II is a pathway for students with a master’s degree in an unrelated field.
Specialized course topics within this degree program include:
- Leadership and leader development
- Leadership coaching practices and applications
- Coaching skills virtual intensive
- Leadership coaching theories, concepts, and processes
- This program requires at least two on-campus residencies.
- Master's degree or higher
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Official transcripts
- Additional materials may be requested
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission