Walden University offers six specializations within its PhD in Psychology degree program. The Teaching in Psychology specialization is designed for those interested in teaching adult learners, especially through online instruction.
Courses examine challenges and needs specific to adult learners in various educational environments. Students will learn how to address issues related to learning styles and instructional strategies in online delivery systems. Credit for up to five courses can be transferred to this online Psychology degree from a master’s degree in a related field.
Students in this specialization will study topics including:
- Adult learning theory and application
- Theories of learning and motivation
- Principles of instructional design
- Instructional design for online course development
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Additional Materials May Be Requested, Official College Transcript(s), Resume/CV
- This program requires at least two on-campus residencies.
New York, Rhode Island