Walden University offers a PhD in Psychology focusing on Educational Psychology. This doctoral specialization examines educational psychology theory.
Students will explore how to use psychological testing and measurement in educational settings, primarily with adult learners. Core classes cover topics including lifespan development, teaching of psychology, and research foundations. Credit for up to five courses can be transferred to this online Psychology degree from a master’s degree in a related field.
Course topics within this specialization include:
- Theories of learning and motivation
- Adult learning theory and application
- Tests and measurement
- This program requires at least two on-campus residencies.
- Master's degree or higher
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Official transcripts
- Additional materials may be requested
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission