Advance your career and help your organization reach its goals with the Human Services Nonprofit Administration specialization of this PhD in Human and Social Services. This degree program from Walden University explores topics related to the organization and operation of nonprofits.
Students will explore legal and ethical issues, board management, marketing, budgeting, and resource development. Graduates will be prepared to establish, lead, or join the staff of a nonprofit organization in the US or abroad. This online Human Services degree program offers two tracks: Track I is designed for students with a master’s degree related to Human Services; Track II is a pathway for students with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in an unrelated field.
Courses discuss topics including:
- The nonprofit sector
- Board governance and volunteer management
- Finance and budgeting for the public sector
- Advanced program evaluation
- Management and leadership development in human and social services
- This program requires at least two on-campus residencies.
- Master's degree or higher
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Official transcripts
- Additional materials may be requested
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission