Walden University offers a Higher Education specialization within its PhD in Human and Social Services degree. Students will examine theories and best practices in adult learning, as well as the state of the current educational environment.
The online Higher Education degree curriculum looks at teaching strategies, instructional design, and online delivery methods. Graduates will be equipped to teach Human Services courses in various academic settings. This online Human Services degree program offers two tracks: Track I is designed for students with a master’s degree related to Human Services; Track II is a pathway for students with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in an unrelated field.
Classes focus on issues such as:
- Using technology to enhance adult learning
- Theories and frameworks for adult learning
- Instructional design for online course development
- This program requires at least two on-campus residencies.
- Master's degree or higher
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Official transcripts
- Additional materials may be requested
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission