Walden University offers a specialization in Early Childhood Leadership and Advocacy within its PhD in Education degree program. The curriculum applies current research to complex family, cultural, social, and developmental issues affecting child development and learning.
The online Early Childhood Education degree program uses case studies and innovative technology to examine early childhood programs and policies. Students will study child development, family partnerships, content knowledge, leadership, advocacy, social change, and professionalism. A dissertation experience allows students to research ways to promote positive social change for young children and their families.
Classes include a variety of subjects such as:
- Child development in the critical early years
- Evaluating and leading effective early childhood programs
- Meaningful learning experiences in supportive environments
- The language and literacy continuum from birth through age 8
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Official College Transcript(s), Resume/CV
- This program requires four residencies.
New York, Rhode Island