The General concentration of Walden University’s PhD in Criminal Justice allows students to cover a broad range of topics in the field. Graduates will gain new skills and specialized knowledge to help them advance in today’s rapidly changing criminal justice system.
Topics range from cybercrime to homeland security. Students will analyze how historical events and recent national security issues impact and alter the criminal justice system. Crisis management practices will be examined in this online Criminal Justice degree, along with theories on the root causes of crime.
Course topics include the following:
- Controversies in criminal justice
- Technological solutions and 21st century crime
- Policy and analysis in criminal justice systems
- The nature of crime and criminology
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Official College Transcript(s), Resume/CV
- This program requires four face-to-face residencies.
New York, Rhode Island