Create a personalized learning program with the Self-Designed option of Walden University’s PhD in Forensic Psychology degree program. Students will gain a broad understanding of the field of Forensic Psychology and how its principles are applied in a variety of settings.
The program focuses on preventing and reducing criminal behavior and understanding victimization. Courses examine how Forensic Psychology professionals work within the legal system and in community-based organizations. This online Forensic Psychology degree program has two tracks: Track I is available to students with a master’s degree in Forensic Psychology; Track II is a pathway for students with a master’s degree in an unrelated field.
Core classes explore topics including:
- The intersection of crime, psychology, and the law
- Understanding violence, risk, and threat assessment
- Advanced issues in forensic psychology
- Research foundations
- Legal issues and social change in forensic psychology
- This program requires at least two on-campus residencies.
- Master's degree or higher
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Official transcripts
- Additional materials may be requested
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission