Gain a better understanding of the court system and how you can interact with it as a professional with a PhD in Forensic Psychology focusing on Legal Issues. This online Forensic Psychology degree concentrates on issues that intersect with both psychology and the law.
Forensic Psychology professionals are often called upon to provide their expertise within the judicial system. Courses in this degree program examine probation and parole services, corrections, and the criminal justice system. Students will gain an understanding of courtroom basics such as expert testimony, jury selection, and eyewitness testimony.
Students within this degree specialization can study topics including:
- Psychology in the legal system
- Criminal investigative analysis and profiling
- Psychological aspects of violent crime
- Family violence
- This program requires at least two on-campus residencies.
- Master's degree or higher
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Official transcripts
- Additional materials may be requested
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission