Gain advanced skills in conducting both quantitative and qualitative research with this PhD in Developmental Psychology with a concentration in Research. Courses explore aspects of research theory, design, and methods.
Students will gain a core understanding of Developmental Psychology and ethics. Graduates will possess advanced research skills related to methodology and analysis, as well as be able to critically review current research in human development. Walden University’s online Psychology degrees offer two tracks: one for students with a master’s degree in Psychology or Developmental Psychology; and one for students with a master’s degree in a different discipline.
Students in the Research specialization will cover topics including:
- Survey research methods
- Advanced mixed-methods reasoning and analysis
- Multivariate analysis and data mining
- Advanced quantitative and qualitative reasoning and analysis
- This program requires at least two on-campus residencies.
- Master's degree or higher
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Official transcripts
- Additional materials may be requested
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission