The PhD in Developmental Psychology from Walden University is available with a concentration in International Perspective. This degree track seeks to explain international perspectives on human development.
Students will learn how cultures impact human psychological processes. Courses explore how global crises such as terrorism, genocides, mass migration, and refugees can affect mental and physical health. This online doctorate of Psychology degree program includes components of core, foundation, research, and specialization courses, plus a doctoral dissertation and PhD residency requirements. Two specialized tracks are available to students, determined by whether their master’s degree was completed in a Psychology or Developmental Psychology program or a separate field of study.
Students can expect to study topics such as:
- Diversity in child and adolescent development and learning
- International perspectives on human development
- Development in an era of global crisis
- This program requires at least two on-campus residencies.
- Master's degree or higher
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Official transcripts
- Additional materials may be requested
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission