Walden University offers an online Master of Social Work with an Advanced Clinical Social Practice concentration for individuals interested in becoming advanced social work practitioners, providing services to individuals, families, groups, and communities. The curriculum emphasizes combining the person-in-environment perspective and strength-based approach with the ethical principles of social justice, promoting the worth and dignity of all people. With this online social work degree, you will develop social work knowledge, skills, and values while learning how to implement and evaluate evidence-based interventions related to clinical social work. Graduates are able to:
- Utilize appropriate clinical knowledge, skills, and values to address a client’s needs
- Evaluate intervention plans and choose the appropriate option
- Implement evidence-based practices to promote social change, social justice, and environmental justice
Walden’s online master’s in social work program features a virtual reality experience that simulates challenging situations social workers may face, allowing students to build valuable skills and instincts in a safe yet authentic environment. All students complete courses in the broad social work field, preparing them to be change agents within and beyond their communities and to advocate for social justice for diverse populations, especially the vulnerable and oppressed. Coursework prepares students for specialized practice by stressing cultural humility within a strengths-based, generalist intervention model that provides advanced clinical skills.
- Students must complete two pre-practicum labs on campus.
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Official transcripts
- Additional materials may be requested
Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission