The Advanced Clinical Practice concentration is designed for students who intend to become advanced social work practitioners providing services to individuals, families, groups, and communities. This concentration emphasizes combining the person-in-environment perspective and strength-based approach with the ethical principles of social justice to promote the worth and dignity of all people. Students will develop social work knowledge, skills, and values through the professional use of self. Students will learn how to implement and evaluate evidence-based interventions related to clinical social work. In addition, the field experience will offer the opportunity to apply clinical knowledge, skills, and values in a clinical social work setting.
In this concentration, you’ll learn to:
- Utilize appropriate advanced clinical knowledge, skills, and values to address the social service needs of clients.
- Evaluate intervention plans in order to choose appropriate options for individuals, families, groups, and communities.
- Implement evidence-based practices to promote social change, social justice, and environmental justice.
- Students must complete two pre-practicum labs on campus.
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Official transcripts
- Additional materials may be requested
Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission