Learn how to apply IT-based innovations to the medical field with the master’s degree in Information Technology concentrating on Health Informatics from Walden University. Technology can be utilized to reduce medical costs and improve the delivery of patient care. The Health Informatics master’s degree online prepares students to design, build, and support complex information systems used in today’s healthcare organizations.
Courses examine critical issues and challenges in the field, with special emphasis on topics such as the development of virtual and interactive healthcare. Students gain a firm understanding of the professional roles and responsibilities related to managing health information technology. General Information Technology courses provide a solid foundation for this online IT degree.
Specialization classes cover topics related to:
- Business architecture and process
- Organizational and social dimension of information systems
- Information systems management
- Representation of health information
% Online100% Online
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Official College Transcript(s), Resume/CV
- Applicants should have a bachelor's in computer science, engineering, finance, math or similiar field and/or have related certifications.
New York, Rhode Island