The Master of Science in Psychology with a concentration in General Psychology is an online psychology degree from Walden University. This concentration prepares students for careers in a wide variety of industries, including academic, research, and healthcare organizations; communities; and businesses. Courses for this broad psychology degree provide a comprehensive study of the social, cultural, and cognitive aspects of human behavior as you explore the fundamentals of psychology. With this online master’s in psychology students also study the theories, methods, and principles of the field. You will learn to evaluate and design research methods and examine multicultural and global perspectives of psychology.
This is a broad and flexible program, offering students three options for completion:
- Course-Based—instructor-led approach with learning on a predetermined schedule
- Tempo Competency-Based—flexible learning that allows you to progress at your own pace, on your own schedule, and progress is measured by the mastery of skills, abilities, and knowledge in an area of study
- Doctoral Preparation—similar to Course-Based but this lays the groundwork for pursuit of a doctoral degree in psychology providing students with a head start in earning their doctorate
This is not a licensure program and does not prepare an individual to become a licensed psychology or counseling professional.
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Official transcripts
- Additional materials may be requested
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission