Walden University offers an online Master of Science in Education with a concentration in Educational Leadership and Administration that will lead to Principal Licensure. This online master’s in education administration focuses on enhancing educator effectiveness and student success. Coursework explores beliefs and behaviors that contribute to a higher level of teacher performance. Courses cover cultural and linguistic diversity and provide the skills needed to adapt to various learning and language styles. Students gain insight into building supportive communities that will motivate and engage their future students. You will also learn how teachers can leverage data assessment to be educational leaders.
This master’s in educational leadership online is designed to prepare students to:
- Create a shared strategic vision and collaborative school community
- Recruit, hire, and inspire school personnel committed to improving student achievement
- Lead curriculum, assessment, and community-building initiatives to improve the learning environment
- Manage the educational, financial, human resource, and legal issues critical to school management
This program requires field experience.
- A bachelor's degree or higher
- Completed online application and transcripts
- Materials you are required to submit may vary depending on the academic program to which you apply
Note on Licensure: The only M.S. in Education Specialization offered by Walden that is state-approved as leading to any educational license or certification is the MS in Education, Educational Leadership and Administration (Principal Licensure Program), which has been approved in Ohio for leading to Building Principal Licensure (grades preK–6, grades 4–9, and grades 5–12). No other MS in Education Specialization will lead to teacher licensure or certification.
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission