The Graduate Certificate in Mathematics K-6 from Walden University is based on standards set by the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) and Common Core State Standards (CCSS). Participants will gain advanced skills to help their students and schools succeed.
The courses examine how to assess students’ mathematical knowledge and skills. CCSS is used to connect critical concepts across grade levels and STEM teaching topics. Graduates will be able to successfully plan interventions and engage students in mathematical studies.
The curriculum includes subjects such as:
- Base ten number system and operations
- Measurement, data, and geometric thinking
- Understanding rational numbers and proportional reasoning
- Learning and teaching mathematics
- A bachelor's degree or higher
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission