The Special Education concentration of Walden University’s Doctor of Education degree focuses on the critical trends and issues impacting the field today. Graduates will be positioned to become Special Education leaders within their school districts, communities, and institutions of higher education.
Real world case studies utilize collaborative problem solving skills and implementation of research-based strategies. A capstone project focuses on problems related to Special Education practice and how to create positive social change. The curriculum for this online Special Education degree adheres to the Council for Exceptional Children Advanced Preparation Standards.
Courses available to program participants include:
- Designing specialized instruction for diverse learners
- Implementing effective school-wide intervention models
- Sustaining and supporting effective practices in special education
- Leading change in special education advocacy, policy, and law
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Additional Materials May Be Requested, Official College Transcript(s)
- Students are required to attend one face-to-face residency.
Kentucky, New York, Rhode Island