K-12 administrators who want to increase their ability to influence and transform their educational system can apply for the Doctor of Education program specializing in Educational Administration and Leadership, non-licensure track. The program focuses on gaining the skills to build an effective, collaborative organization and enhancing the student learning environment.
Students of this online doctorate in Education Leadership will learn current research and trends in education, how to design research to address educational problems, and how to manage resources to improve the learning environment. The curriculum includes studies of how to effectively communicate with others, collaborate with a variety of external stakeholders, and understand cultural diversity to improve the learning environment. Graduates will be able to apply theory and practice to promote positive social change in their communities.
Students in the program will explore topics including:
- Leading the future of education
- Collaborative communication for administrators
- Understanding school budgets and allocating resources
- Recruiting and retaining effective school personnel
Students will be required to attend one face-to-face residency.
- Must have a master's degree or higher
- Official transcripts
- Materials you are required to submit may vary depending on the academic program to which you apply
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission