Study the causes and effects of human behavior with the Psychology concentration of this online Human Services bachelor’s degree from Walden University. Mood and behavior can be affected by a host of internal and external factors. This degree program teaches students to use the latest research methods to gain an understanding of influences on our mental wellbeing.
Classes will discuss the physical, mental, and environmental causes affecting behavior, as well as the roles of diversity and multiculturalism. Students will take a foundation of courses in general Human Services, with additional classes focusing on Psychology-related topics. A senior capstone course allows students to identify a Human Services need in their community and create a proposal to alleviate it.
Course topics available to students include:
- Cross-cultural psychology
- Methods in psychological inquiry
- Psychology as a social science
- Basic statistics
- Influence and persuasion
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Applicants must meet one of the following: be 21 years or older; an active member of the military or veteran; or have 60 quarter credits for transfer.
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission