Walden University offers a Human Services degree online with a concentration in Leadership and Administration. Graduates of the program will have a strong understanding of the skills leaders need to be able to address important social issues and facilitate positive change.
This degree includes components of both general Human Services coursework and courses specific to the field of Leadership and Administration. Students will examine the challenges that leaders face in the private, public, and nonprofit sectors. Classes will discuss the theories and principles of leadership development.
Some of the class topics available to students include the following:
- Ethics in public leadership
- Psychology of leadership
- Principles of public administration
- Leadership and volunteerism
- New skills for leaders in the public sector
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Applicants must meet one of the following: be 21 years or older; an active member of the military or veteran; or have 60 quarter credits for transfer.
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission