Help children and teens through complex issues with an online Human Services degree focusing on Child and Adolescent Development. This degree program explores the key theories related to biological and behavioral processes of this age group.
As children grow and mature, they face not only physical changes but important mental and social development. Outside influences can affect their attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors. Students will examine trends and issues affecting youth today, such as internet use, social media, substance abuse, bullying, eating disorders, depression, suicide, and teenage pregnancy.
Students can choose courses specific to their interests and career goals, including:
- Infant and toddler mental health
- School age and adolescent development
- Trends and issues in adolescence
- Motivating and guiding school age children
- Family cultures of infants and toddlers
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Walden University is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Official High School Transcript/GED Score
- Applicants must meet one of the following: be 21 years or older; an active member of the military or veteran; or have 60 quarter credits for transfer.
New York, Rhode Island