An online Communication degree from Walden University can prepare you for a career in advertising, corporate communications, marketing, politics, public relations, and more. Students will learn strategic business communication skills through a multidisciplinary curriculum.
Focusing on current industry techniques and strategies, this Communication degree online teaches students how to create targeted social media messaging, develop marketing campaigns, write compelling communications, and deliver engaging presentations. Classes explore core business areas such as management and leadership, information systems, and business law. A senior capstone course allows students to apply concepts and tools to create a comprehensive communications plan.
A few of the course topics offered to students include:
- Dynamics of group communication
- Digital storytelling
- Intercultural communication
- Crisis communications
- The power of mass communication and mass media
Admission is considered for adult students who hold a high school diploma or its equivalent. Applicants must also meet one of the following criteria:
- You are 21 years of age or older
- You are less than 21 years of age with 60 quarter credit hours
- You are an active member of the military or a veteran with documentation of service
- You are concurrently enrolled in an approved partner institution with an articulation agreement with Walden
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission