Employers need accountants and bookkeepers with extensive knowledge of financial laws and regulations. The bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting gives students the skills they need to have a solid understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
This Business Administration degree online includes a core of business-related classes, along with classes focusing on Accounting principles. Students of this online Accounting degree program learn how to manage a company’s books and records, as well as prepare and interpret financial statements. Graduates will be knowledgeable in issues regarding taxation, auditing, and managerial accounting, preparing them for successful careers in private, nonprofit, or government sectors.
Courses discuss a wide range of topics including:
- Personal and organizational leadership
- Business law
- Financial accounting
- Human resource management
- Financial planning and analysis
Admission is considered for adult students who hold a high school diploma or its equivalent. Applicants must also meet one of the following criteria:
- You are 21 years of age or older
- You are less than 21 years of age with 60 quarter credit hours
- You are an active member of the military or a veteran with documentation of service
- You are concurrently enrolled in an approved partner institution with an articulation agreement with Walden
AACSB International (AACSB)
School Accreditation Statement
The Higher Learning Commission