The Self-Designed concentration of Walden University’s online Human Services bachelor’s degree can be customized to fit the specific needs, interests, and career goals of the student. Graduates will be prepared to provide direct services to individuals, families, and communities as well as serve in Human Resources leadership roles.
Students will learn to ethically and effectively guide people to the services they need, build relationships, and engage in their community. This degree leads to non-licensed service and leadership positions. Students can participate in an optional field experience, service learning project, or study abroad program to further their experience.
Courses can be chosen from within these areas:
- Child and adolescent development
- Leadership and administration
- Courts and the legal system
- Criminal justice
- Cultural studies
- Global social justice and civic engagement
% Online100% Online
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Official High School Transcript/GED Score
- Applicants must meet one of the following: be 21 years or older; an active member of the military or veteran; or have 60 quarter credits for transfer.
New York, Rhode Island