The online Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Science in Music degree from Valley City State University is a flexible approach to undergraduate study. This is an innovative program that is designed for students who are not able to study music on-campus and parallels the on-campus degree. Students must meet the same high standards online as those set forth in the on-campus degree in music. In addition to core classes, students may choose from a range of electives to suit their interests and professional needs. The curriculum covers both music theory and aural skills.
You will take courses that include:
- Basic Conducting
- Scoring and Arranging
- Music History and Literature
- Performance Related Courses
- Applied Instruction on a Single Instrument
% OnlineMostly Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Valley City State University is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Recommended GPA2.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Additional Materials May Be Requested, Official High School Transcript/ GED Score
- While the academic portion of this program is offered online, students must gain approval for outside performance classes, lessons and ensembles.
- You must submit an entrance audition (can be in video format).