Master of Science in Data Science / Cybersecurity
The Online Master of Science in Data Science / Cybersecurity from Utica College teaches students how to analyze and leverage big data to gain valuable insights that can lead to innovative ideas and solutions in a variety of fields. Core courses emphasize research design and critical evaluation of data using theoretical models, as well as the social process of making decisions and implementing solutions based on data.
This 30 credit-hour online Data Science program requires the student to complete 15 credit hours in the data science core before finishing their program with 12 credit hours in an area(s) of their choosing, and conclude with a three (3) credit master’s capstone project. The program is designed so it can be completed in as few as five continuous semesters of study (about 2 years).
- Social Science Analytics: This specialization focuses on the application of data science to social science research and policy development. You will develop an understanding of complex organizations and bureaucracy, social trends, poll data and voter information, and research design in this area.
- Business Analytics: Explore how data science is applied to business management and decision-making. Learn how to use demographic trends, census information, and other databases to predict market and workforce developments and manage risk.
- Cybersecurity: Designed for students who want to apply their data science knowledge and skills in state-of-the-art cybersecurity and computer forensic practices with coursework on leadership and planning adapted specifically to the cyberspace realm. This specialization enables students to take classes in the Cybersecurity MS program.
- Financial Crime: Designed for students who want to apply their data science knowledge and skills to advance their competencies in managing corporate and advanced technological resources devoted to combating economic crime. This specialization enables students to take classes in the Financial Crime and Compliance Management MS program.
- General: Students also have the option to build their own specialization focus by selecting any four 3-credit graduate level courses available with approval from the Program Director.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Have earned a bachelor’s degree or the international equivalent
- A minimum GPA of 3.0
Utica College, founded in 1946, is a comprehensive private institution located in upstate central New York approximately 90 miles west of Albany and 50 miles east of Syracuse, and currently enrolls more than 5,000 students in more than 30 undergraduate majors, 20+ graduate programs and a number of pre-professional and special programs.
The College offers regionally accredited online certificates, bachelors, masters, and doctoral degrees in healthcare, cybersecurity, financial crime, nursing, physical therapy, business, criminal justice, and data science. All courses are taught by credentialed, highly experienced faculty with significant and ongoing accomplishments in their respective fields.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.