Utah State University offers a Post-Graduate Certificate in Rehabilitation Counseling for professionals to become certified and move into a career as a vocational rehabilitation counselor. The certificate for the Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification Category R is sometimes required by employers of rehabilitation counselors.
Graduates will be prepared to sit for the CRC exam for national certification. Students pursuing this certificate should already have a master’s, specialist, or doctoral degree in a designated area.
Classes in this counseling certificate program include studies of:
- Medical aspects of disability
- Career development, analysis, and placement
- Psychosocial aspects of disability
- Rehabilitation services and resources
- Vocational assessment in rehabilitation counseling
- Theories of counseling
- Perspectives on disability, culture, diversity, and social justice in counseling
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Utah State University is accredited by:
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Official College Transcript(s)
- Must have a master's degree or higher in Behavioral Health, Behavioral Science, Disability Studies, Human Relations, Human Services, Marriage and Family Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Psychology, Psychometrics, Rehabilitation, Social Work, Special Education, Vocational Assessment/Evaluation
- Must have a minimum of three years acceptable experience, including 24 months under supervision of a certified rehabilitation counselor.