Upper Iowa University offers a variety of certificate programs for students interested in learning new skills in a specific area. The Certificate in Psychology provides a general overview of topics in the field.
Classes explore general and abnormal Psychology, as well as skills, strategies, issues, and ethics in the helping professions. Students can complete the certificate independently or as part of their existing degree program.
The curriculum includes an elective option of one of the following courses:
- Human growth, development, and guidance
- Developmental psychology: birth to adolescence
- Developmental psychology: young adulthood to late adulthood
- Social gerontology
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Official transcripts
- Proof of English language proficiency, international applicants
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission