The University of Wyoming offers an online Doctor of Nursing Practice program. Students can choose a specialization in Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner to prepare for a career in providing mental health services, specifically in rural areas.
The curriculum of this online Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program combines various learning types, including online coursework, on-campus intensives, and clinical placements. Students learn to use evidence-based practice to improve the health outcomes of their patients. Graduates will have the knowledge and experience to become leaders in rural mental healthcare.
Courses cover a range of topics, including:
- Neurobiology, assessment, and psychopharmacology for advanced practice mental health nursing
- Health communication and informatics
- Therapeutic interventions across the lifespan
- Advanced psychiatric mental health nursing diagnosis and management for adult, older adult, and vulnerable populations
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Interview, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Applicants must have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from a nationally accredited program
- Students are required to attend on-campus intensives during the program.