Achieve the new standard for advanced practice nursing with an online Doctor of Nursing Practice degree from the University of Wyoming. The Family Nurse Practitioner concentration allows students to gain the skills and knowledge necessary for careers in rural-based primary care nursing.
This online FNP program prepares students to utilize evidence-based practice to optimize health outcomes for their patients. The curriculum includes components of online coursework, on-campus intensives, and clinical placements. Graduates will be prepared to engage in leadership activities to promote excellence in rural healthcare.
Some of the topics covered in this degree program include:
- Advanced health assessment
- Clinical decision-making
- Science of quality improvement and safety
- Wellness for adults in primary care
- Primary care for children, adolescents, and families
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Interview, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Applicants must have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from a nationally accredited program
- Students are required to attend on-campus intensives during the program.