The Master of Science in Nursing from University of Wisconsin at Oshkosh combines the most current theoretical foundations of advanced nursing with evidence-based practice to prepare nurses for advanced roles. Students interested in pursuing leadership roles in healthcare can choose the Clinical Nurse Leader concentration.
Clinical Nurse Leaders (CNLs) oversee the care coordination of a specific group of patients, provide direct patient care in complex situations, evaluate patient outcomes, and have the authority to change care plans when necessary. During the last semester of the program, students have the ability to take the CNL certification examination.
Coursework in this online nursing administration degree program includes:
- Quality improvement and safety
- Healthcare informatics
- Clinical prevention and population health
- Healthcare systems policy and advocacy
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Essay/Writing Sample, Interview, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV
- Applicants must have a BSN from an accredited nursing program and a current, unencumbered RN license allowing practice in Wisconsin. RN experience is helpful but not required.
- Applicants with GPA between 2.7 and 3.0 may be considered with satisfactory GRE scores.